How to Perform The Windmill Kettlebell Exercise
The kettlebell windmill is a fantastic movement for improving your posture and developing upper body strength. Here’s how to perform the kettlebell windmill:
1. Grab the kettlebell with your right hand, straighten your right arm and press the kettlebell directly above your right shoulder. Stand up straight with your left foot slightly in front of your right foot and your toes pointing forwards.
2. Bend forward at the waist while keeping your right arm straight and pointing towards the ceiling. As you do this, straighten out your left arm and point it towards the ground.
3. Bend backwards at the waist and lift your body back up to the starting position. Keep the kettlebell pressed towards the ceiling and your right arm straight.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 for 4-8 reps if you want to develop larger and stronger muscles, or 12-16 reps if you want to focus on improving your coordination and cardiovascular fitness.
5. When you’ve completed your preferred number of reps with the kettlebell in your right hand, transfer it to your left hand straighten your left arm and press the kettlebell directly above your left shoulder. Stand up straight with your right foot slightly in front of your left foot and your toes pointing forward.
6. Repeat the exercise for your preferred number of reps but this time keep the kettlebell pressed towards the ceiling with your left arm and straighten your right arm towards the ground as you bend forward at the waist.